Friday, August 14, 2009

Our site has been cut

14/08/09: I called our site supervisor to make sure that the site was being cut today, he advised me that it would be done today. One thing that we didn't know was that it was our responsibility to have any excess dirt removed from the block, I was told to call the excavator driver to organise this.

I called the excavator driver and was told that there would be three truck loads of dirt to remove, his cost was $220 plus $60 per truck load, a total of $400. We couldn't imagine that there were three truck loads of soil as part of the block had to be filled, but I guess there is not much we can do. I think the $220 was a bit steep too, as he was already onsite with the equipment he just had to put the dirt in the truck.

I have included some pictures below of the block after the site was cut. This is now starting to feel real, it's such a relief to finally see some work done after the eight months of paper work we have had to do just to get to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment