Monday, August 31, 2009

NOT HAPPY, no slab today.

31/08/09: The first thing I would like to do is apologise to my parents who drove up to our block to take photos for me and to watch over the slab being poured. This didn't eventuate, here is the story...

I organised for my parents to go up to our block today to watch over our slab being poured, I wasn't sure of what time they would start so I rang our site supervisor at 7:30am to ask. He told me that "it was going ahead today and that the guys are normally on site between 7:00am-7:30am". I rang my parents to let them know that they should be on site already, my parents then took off to our block.

My parents called me at work at around 9:00am-9:30am to tell me that there wasn't anyone on site. I rang my site supervisor but couldn't get through until around 10:00am, I asked him what was going on and why no one was on site? He couldn't tell me, he checked his books and said that everything was booked in and that he would call the concreter to find out what was going on.

The site supervisor left a message on my mobile almost straight away, I didn't know he had so I called him back about 10:15am, he wasn't happy. The concreter (let’s call him the wicked witch, because he obviously melts if any water hits him) had decided that because it was raining in Brisbane (where he comes from) that it must be raining in northern NSW so he called off the pour, he didn't even call the supervisor to let him know. The supervisor was very annoyed as it was a beautiful, sunny day down here, plus now he will have to call off the frame that was booked in for later this week.

I am so annoyed about this. I wouldn't be half as upset if it was actually raining but it wasn't, it was a beautiful day. I'm guessing that if this guy comes from Brisbane that almost all you guys on the Gold Coast are going to have this guy do your slab, I hope the day that he does yours it’s not overcast in Brisbane because he might not come. As you can probably tell I'm really cranky, so I'm just going to finish this here.

1 comment:

  1. That's just crap! You'd think that if you were going to do a slab that is a fair way from home you'd call someone there to check the weather? The local radio station even? Sounds more like a Monday morning hangover and a CBF attitude to me... but I'm a bit of a cynic.

    I'm from Melbourne and even I know the weather can be different from area to area up there!

    On a brighter note, don't be too upset. They'll make up the time lost no problem. Hopefully a slab this week!

    ReplyDelete