Friday, October 16, 2009

Our eaves have been painted plus some other little surprises

16/10/09: Today I received a phone call at around 2:00pm, whilst I was at work, it was from the guy that is painting our house. He told me that we needed to sign a form before he could start painting. I asked him how long he was going to be at the house for, he told me until 4:30pm. I tried to get in contact with my fiance but she had forgotten to take her phone with her today, after trying everything I rang the painter back. He told me that he would leave the form in the meter box and I would need to have it signed by tomorrow as he wanted to start painting the render.

After I finished work this afternoon I had to drive to the house to sign the paperwork. A little bit of warning that this needed to happen would've been appreciated. I don't know how they expect you to meet them onsite within two hours of a phone call when you both have jobs.

While I was there I went for a walk around the entire house including both floors of the scaffolding. I did this while my fiance wasn't there because she won't let me, she doesn't think it's safe. I did get some good photos while I was there, plus it gave me a chance to look for any issues with the roof, the gutters and the render.

I found a few other little surprises whilst on the inside of the house. One, that the ducting for the rangehood and the fan in the toilet have been done. the other when I went upstairs I found that almost all the holes for the light switches and power points have been cut out.

We can't wait to see the house tomorrow after the render has been painted.





















No comments:

Post a Comment