Saturday, October 24, 2009

Portico pics & moving bricks

25/10/09: When I spoke to the site supervisor earlier this week he told me that we could keep the leftover bricks. In order for this to happen I needed to move the bricks to the back of the block and place a sign on them saying "do not remove." Yesterday after work I decided that I would go and move the bricks from the front to the back of the block. Since my fiancé was away my parents helped me do this.

Who knew that there would be so many bricks left over? It seemed to be never ending. After we finished moving the bricks we estimated that there were just under 500 bricks, my fiancé and I are not sure just what we are going to do with them yet, but a few ideas we have are; a pizza oven, letterbox, dog house or walls for the gardens. If you have any suggestions, or like one of these ideas, please let me know.



While I was up at the house I went up the scaffolding to take a closer look at the paint job done on the house, also to have a good look at the tiling on the portico roof and to see what the guy putting the gutter on was having a whinge about. As you will see from the photo there is nothing to complain about.



I can't see how the scaffolding will come down tomorrow, seeing as how the portico tiles have not been totally finished. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment