Saturday, December 12, 2009

Disappointed; this is the last thing we needed

12/12/09: We arrived at the house at 6:30pm and were very surprised to see that the tiler was just about to leave, he told us to be careful where we walked. I asked him where was safe to walk, he let out a sigh grabbed his keys walked over to the front door opened it up and told us to keep to the middle, but to stay off the sides. He walked back out to his car, got in and left. My fiancé and I walked to the back of the house where the main tiling is, my fiancé looked into the kitchen and said "the tiler has put the splashback tiles up wrong" the tiles were meant to go horizontal not vertical.

My fiancé ran out the front to get the tiler, she was too late, he had just left. I got out my phone and rang him. I told him "you have put the splashback tiles up the wrong way" he replied
"I put them up the way your wife wanted them" she heard him say this and yelled back
"I told you 'horizontal' you have put them up vertical" to which the tiler replied
"Oh well it's too late now, they're up and they're not coming down." I told him that we don't want them that way and he will have to fix it, he just kept saying "your wife told me to put them vertical, just like the feature in the showers" I told him that it's not true, I then said
"Are you calling her a liar?" to which he replied
"No, she told me to put them in vertical" I then told him that I'll be calling the site supervisor first thing Monday morning, to which he replied "well call him then" and hung up on me.

My fiancé just ran out of the house in tears, she sat on the front door step of our new house just sobbing, she told me she couldn't be in the house anymore she just wanted to leave. I had a bit of a look around to see what else had been done. I could see that everything was ready for the carpet to be done next week, I'm sure there were other things but I wasn't really concentrating too much because of the tiles and having my fiancé sitting out the front of the house balling her eyes out.

I don't know how we are going to get this one sorted out, I guess it all depends on what the site supervisor says on Monday, all I can say is that I'm glad that my fiancé took a photo for me so I could see what the tiles would look like, after she spoke to the tiler on Thursday, this pics was posted on Thursday's blog. The photo clearly shows that the tiles are horizontal, so we have proof that this is how we wanted them. It's going to be a tricky one, I guess we will find out the outcome tomorrow.



Have a look at the photos below and tell me honestly what you guys think. We are truly disappointed with the final product and the lack of professionalism of the tiler. Not only did HE make a mistake, he was offensive and accused my fiancé of being a liar, purely because of his error. This is heartbreaking when you put countless hours into something and then someone else makes a careless decision that could ruin so much, as it potentially impacts on not only our handover date but also our wedding. My fiancé is devastated because she now has to make the decision between keeping the kitchen in its current state or the kitchen we worked on, the one we have been looking forward to for so long.














1 comment:

  1. Mate send them a rocket. Your lady will be disappointed for many moons to come if you leave it the way it is. The house looks fantastic but if it is not how you want it, dig your heels in and let them know.

    ReplyDelete