Monday, December 14, 2009

Splashback has come down & carpet has been put in

14/12/09: I rang the site supervisor about the splashback tiles this morning and explained everything I mentioned on yesterday's blog. He told me not to worry and that he will talk to the tiler and will get it sorted out. When I rang the site supervisor at lunch time to check how he went with the tiler he told me that by the time he arrived onsite to talk to the tiler the splashback tiles had already been pulled off the wall. I guess the tiler thought about his conversation with my fiancé over the weekend and realised that he was in the wrong. The new tiles have been ordered, hopefully they won't take too long to receive them.

I asked the site supervisor if he had a date for the practical completion inspection, he told me that we should be able to do it on Thursday morning at around 9:00am. He told me that it would be really good if I could put a list together of things that I can see that need to be fixed or any issues that I have so he can get them into action before practical completion. So this afternoon after work both me and my fiancé went to the house and had a really good look around at everything on the inside, it took us about an hour and a half and the list is mostly little paint touch ups that need to be done, there wasn't anything too major.

It must have been a busy site today as the splashback tiles were taken down, the main floor tiles were grouted and all the carpet was laid. The house looks finished now, all that is left is the shower screens, the wardrobe doors, splashback and flyscreens. It was completely different to Saturday's visit as both my fiancé and I didn't want to leave the house tonight.

It's so exciting, we can't wait until Thursday.




























1 comment:

  1. Pics looking good, nice to hear the splashback is being sorted. I like those two niches either side of that open bulkhead!

    ReplyDelete