Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lights done, painting done, plumbing done

08/12/09: I rang the site supervisor this morning to see if I could get a practical completion date, he wouldn't give me a date but told me he hoped it would be Friday next week. He told me to get on to the bank to see if they could start the process to try and get handover before Christmas. I rang our mortgage broker to see if she could make things happen, she was going to contact the bank and call me back tomorrow.

During the day I got a call from the electrician, I had asked him on Monday about getting a recessed power point behind the fridge so we can push it back flush with the wall. He gave me a price of $45 that included the recessed power point and installation. I thought it was a bit costly but told him to go ahead anyway.



When my fiancé arrived at the house this afternoon she found that all the external lights had been done along with rest of the internal lights, I also noticed in her photos that the electrician had installed the recessed power point.

My fiancé had to go back up to a work thing later that night, I offered to drive her up so I could check out the house while she was busy with work. One of the main things I was looking for was the piece of Caesarstone that was cut out of the bench for the sink to be installed. I found it in the middle of the skip bin, I had a fun time trying to get it out. We plan on cutting it up and making it into pot stands and a block for my fiancé to rest her hair straightener on.















09/12/09: I spoke to the mortgage broker today and she told me she can't do anything until they get the invoice from Coral and the report from the private certifier, it's not looking good for a pre Christmas handover.

The plumber had been back to the house today, he finished installing the toilets, the kitchen sink, laundry tub and all other taps in the house. It also looks like the electrician has been back to install the controller for the instant hot water system.

While writing this blog I got a call from the tiler, he will be starting the splashback tiles tomorrow then moving on to the main floor tile on Friday and Saturday if we are lucky.













4 comments:

  1. looks awesome! Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Very happy to find your building blog. I've just joined this site as we will be building with Coral Homes at Terranora soon. I actually recognised your house - we used to live just down the road from where it is! I haven't started reading/looking at your pics yet (waiting for a quieter moment when kids are asleep!) but just thought I'd say "Hi" and let you know that I think your new house looks great. Cheers. gypsy77 (Nic)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    We are thinking about going with Coral - what are your thoughts about them now that you have built with them? Would you build with them again? We are in Brisbane. Any feedback or advice you have would be much appreciated! your new house looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Just wanted to say great job with your blog. It's great to be able to see what you had to go through to get your house.
    I have a block at Jimboomba (south of Brisbane) and I am looking for a builder. I must say I am unsettled by your troubles with tiles and the supervisor.
    I am currently looking at building with GJGardner Homes, they come highly recommended in the area. Someone said their supervisors have less homes to build so they don't have any trouble. I've had a look at 3 of thier homes and met the supervisor and all looks good, so heres hoping we have a better run.

    ReplyDelete