Friday, December 11, 2009

Main floor tiles started today

11/12/09: I rang the site supervisor today to see if I could get a practical completion date, but once again he wouldn't give me one. The closest I could get was maybe next Thursday if not it should be Monday. We hopefully will receive our final invoice early next week. One thing I wanted to bring up with him is the laundry chute. They have put a white melamine box on top of the wood grain laminate to extend it to the roof (see below). I told him we weren't happy with it, as it looks really bad. He told me this is how they do it, I told him were never told this to which he replied "did you ever ask?" I told him it wasn't in our elevation plan. He told me he would check it out on Monday. I'll let you know the outcome after he has seen it, I'm going to leave a copy of our elevations plan attached to the laundry chute so he can see for himself.


Laundry Chute

The tiles were finally started today, most of the main floor tiles were laid today. He will be continuing them tomorrow and if he has enough time will start the splash back. I can't wait to see the tiles for myself in real life.

A few other things have turned up at the house today, including the shower screens, the wardrobe doors and mirrors. The only things we are waiting on now are the flyscreens and the carpet, we are definitely on the home straight now.








No comments:

Post a Comment