Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Water tank & dishwasher installed, electrical fit out finish

10/12/09: After rereading my blog from yesterday I could see that I was quite harsh on the electrician, one of the main reasons was that he had put the controller for the hot water system in one of the bedroom ensuites and not the main ensuite. He also put the deluxe bathroom controller in the kitchen and the basic controller upstairs. Having this happen along with it not looking like we were going to be in our house before our wedding made things escalate and I was way too harsh on him, for that I am sorry.

When I rang the electrician this morning about the controller issue, he couldn't have been any nicer about it, he told me not to worry and that he would fix it. He said that it would be easy for him to do and he would take care of it. When my fiancé arrived out there this afternoon it had already been done, they is no way you can ask for more than that.

When I look over everything has been done on the house, it was quite a big job, and he has always shown up when I was told by the site supervisor he would be there. He fitted all our lights for us which I guess would have taken a full day to do, he got straight onto the recessed power point and had it installed only one day after I asked him about it, he also moved the two lights in the dinning room closer together as they had been put in the wrong spot and were too far apart. So really I should be thanking him for all the time he and his team have put in to making my house look beautiful and have it finished hopefully before Christmas. He also explained to me that the recessed power point was an extra attachment on top of the normal power point, the part cost $36, so he only charged $9 to fit it which took him about 10-15mins.

So what else happened today? Well the plumber came back and installed the water tank and pump. The cleaner has also been through the house and cleaned all the windows. The tiler who was meant to start today showed up this morning to meet my fiancé to get the tile form signed, he then moved a few tiles around into their spots so he is ready for the tiling to start tomorrow and took off to another job just ahead of ours. He told me last night and my fiancé this morning that the site supervisor wants him done by Monday.

We can't wait to see what the tiles look like tomorrow.













No comments:

Post a Comment