Saturday, November 14, 2009

I had the on site meeting with the tiler today

13/11/09: This morning about 15 mins before I was about to leave for work I heard a message come through on my mobile. I went to check it, it was from the tiler. He said that he was on his way to the house and he wanted to do the onsite meeting... today.

Luckily for me the site supervisor had told me earlier this week that I should receive a call from the tiler sometime this week to request an on site meeting, so I had already given my manager some notice that it could be happening this week, but to ring up the morning he wants to meet is just a joke. I have a great manager and boss at work who let me go up there this morning, but what do they expect most people to do?

When I finally arrived at the house, the tiler asked if I had a key. Since my fiancé is the one that goes to the house everyday, she is the one with the key, plus yesterday there wasn't a lock on the door. Great, how am I going to get a key from my fiancé when I can't get hold of her? Luckily someone had left a window slightly ajar so the tiler climbed in and opened the door so that I could get inside.

We started the run through of the tiles, he did apologise for the late notice, and said that he only received the paperwork via fax the previous night at about 8:30pm, and thought that it would be too late to ring at that time. The run through went pretty well, there were a few things that I needed to check with my fiancé before he could start the tiling, other than that it was fine.

The tiler also noticed that our frieze tiles weren’t there, he told me that he would call the site supervisor to check what was going on with them. When I rang the tiler back at lunchtime, after confirming a few things with my fiancé, the tiler told me that Amber Tiles at Tweed Heads wouldn't send the tiles out until we paid for them. When doing the tile selection the guy at Amber Tiles Tweed Heads told us that the frieze we had selected wouldn't cost any more than what Coral had allowed.

I rang my fiancé to tell her to pop around to the Amber Tiles Tweed Heads to find one what was going on, she isn't good at things like this so she just paid for the tiles. I'm going to ring them on Monday to find out what's going on.

Amber Tiles Tweed Heads have been so bad to deal with, when we arrived the guy wouldn't leave us to look at the range in the store, he just hung around like a bad smell. He then had the hide to tell us that we should change our main paint colour because it would be easier to match tiles up with a different colour. You know what would of been easier? If Amber Tiles Tweed Heads had a better selection of tiles to choose from, they were mostly the same colour just in different shades. If we had more of a choice of shops to choose from, we would have gone somewhere else.

When Coral rang Amber Tiles Tweed Heads a few weeks ago, they couldn't even find our order, the site supervisor had to ring me to confirm that we had in fact gone to Amber Tiles Tweed Heads to do our selection. They did finally find our selection, but now want to charge us for something that told us would not cost us any extra. One thing I can tell you about this experience is that we'll never shop at Amber Tiles Tweed Heads again.

When my fiancé arrived at the house this afternoon to see what had been done our key wouldn't work, luckily someone had forgotten to lock one of the doors so she could get in. This is something I'll have to check with the site supervisor on Monday. The only thing the tiler had done was some preparation work for the tiling next week, he couldn't do anymore work as the chippies came back and needed to gain access to the laundry where we was going to work.

I hope we see a lot more action on the house next week, even though we got our kitchen on Monday, the rest of the week was the chippies doing the architraves, doors and skirting boards, which still haven't been finished. We are still waiting for our bathroom and ensuite cupboards to be installed too. I hope this is all finished next week along with the wet area tiling, fingers crossed.







No comments:

Post a Comment