Monday, September 21, 2009

Electrical wiring has been installed

21/09/09: I met the electrician on site this morning to run through the placement of power points, lights and light switches. Most of what I had done on the electrical plan was right, I only needed to move three power points and the placement of the TV point in the theatre room. I think we did pretty well with the layout, I hope so anyway.

There was only one question that I was stumped on for a while that I had to come back to. He asked me whether I wanted the light in the stair case on the wall or ceiling, I tried to ring my fiancé but I couldn't get hold of her, so I sent her an SMS. We moved on to the rest of the house then came back to the light, I hadn't heard back from my fiancé so I made the decision, I told the electrician to put it on the ceiling. Later that day I received the reply SMS from my fiancé telling me to put it on the ceiling. Thank God for that.

One other thing I spoke to the electrician about was networking the house, running the network cable from the study to the theatre room and also to the upstairs TV room. I almost fell over when he told me how much he charged, $100 per point. I can get the cable and face plates from work, I just don't think I have the time to install the cable myself before the plaster goes up, so I had to get him to do it.

Just before I left to go back to work I saw a guy doing some measuring, I asked him what he was measuring for, he told me it was for the bricks. When my fiancé turned up this afternoon to take photos, she saw that the bricks had been delivered, so I guess it’s not long now before they start. It's all go again for another busy week.









No comments:

Post a Comment