Thursday, September 10, 2009

We have our front doors

10/09/09: Today started off as a bitter sweet day, our first payment came out for the slab increasing our mortgage, the thing that helped to sweeten it up was that we received our first home owner’s grant which was a great help.

Then this afternoon ended in a bitter sweet way too, sweet because we now have our two front doors which was a bit of a surprise and wasn't expected so soon. Though the bitter part out ways everything else that happened today, it doesn't have anything to do with Coral but everything to do with my parents.

As I work 5 1/2 days a week I am only able to get up to see my house on the weekend, through the week I only get to see the same pics that are uploaded to this blog. It's really hard, all I want to do is walk through my new house, but I know that by the time I get there it will be dark, so I only have the weekends. My fiancé who takes these photos is finding it really hard to hold back her urge to go inside for a walk around, as she respects that it's something that both of us should share together, as we both can't wait to see what the view from our bedroom will look like.

Today when my fiancé arrived to take the photos my parents turned up and they decided to walk around, as both of us have already walked around down stairs we don't mind if they walk around down there too. When my fiancé walked somewhere to take a photo, my mother who I told only a few days ago how we couldn't wait to be the first to see our view, had gone upstairs and continued to walk around yelling out how lovely the view was from up there. My fiancé just had to leave as it was hard enough to hold herself back from going up there and here is my mother just freely strolling around with no respect for our request to have this moment to share ourselves for the first time. Now this moment has been ruined, and we are both extremely upset by her lack of respect for our request.

I know this may seem like a trivial thing but this is our first house and it's such a special thing that both of us would like to share together for the first time and to have someone come in and experience this before us is a very upsetting feeling, it's just not going to be as special for us now this weekend, we are very disappointed.







No comments:

Post a Comment