Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Plumbing and gas pipes started

22/09/09: I rang the supervisor this morning about the placement of the gas point for our heater, he told me he would get the gas fitter to ring me when he was on site to arrange it. At around 11:00am I received the phone call, I told him we wanted it in the corner above or below the power point, he then told me that by law it needs to be 1m away from a walkway so no one can trip over the pipe, he said "I know it sounds stupid but that's the way it is." I told him that we are going to put my fiancĂ©’s piano on that wall so it will need to be as close to the power point as possible, this is where he put it.



I know this was the best he could do but I think we will be about 20cm-30cm short to fit the piano in as it will cover the gas point, there is no moving a piano once it's in place.

The other things that were done today were the top storey windows which were put in place and the plumbing was done. It was a bit of a whirlwind visit for my fiancé as she had a meeting after work and could only stop by very quickly to check a few important things to make sure they were done, like the change of placement of the hosecock which I was very pleased to see was in the right place.

Enjoy today's pics, I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment