Monday, September 28, 2009

What a busy few days we've had

26/09/09: Today we went up to the house to put some network and speaker cable in. I wanted to run network cable to all of the TV's in the house. I got the electrician to wire two points for me last week because I didn't know if I would have a chance to do it this weekend or not. It turns out that it was lucky that I did as the plaster went up on Friday.

I only had to run the cable from the family room to the study, when I was running the cable through the roof cavity I came across a bit of the upstairs floor bracing that had been cracked (photo below), It didn't look too major but I still wanted to talk to my site supervisor about it.



After doing the network cable I still had to run speaker cable in the theatre room. It wasn't too hard but would have been much better if I had a sharper drill bit. I really wanted to run speaker cable through the TV room upstairs but there was no possible way due to the plastering that was done on Friday, oh well.


27/09/09: Today we went to Beacon lighting to get some inspiration for what lights we wanted around the house, this was so hard. We walked around the shop for just over an hour and had only picked one light that was a definite and about four others that were a maybe, we still have a lot to do on the lighting side of things.

On the way to the lighting store we stopped by the house to check if the electrician had wired up the gas hot water control points, we forgot to look yesterday. We couldn't check the one upstairs because of the plaster, so we checked the one downstairs. It appeared to be in the pantry instead of on the kitchen side of the wall like I had asked, looks like I need to make another phone call on Monday.


28/09/09: Today I rang my site supervisor's phone number, because he is away on holidays it got transferred through to the site manager's phone. I tried to explain where the crack was, he told me he was coming down this way tomorrow and that he would check it out.

I then had to make a call to the electrician, he assured me that the point upstairs had been done and that the one in the pantry was only just sitting there as he didn't have an extra bracket on him, but he will be back to fix it up and put it in the right spot soon.

When I went to lunch and noticed a missed call on my mobile with a message left on message bank. I checked the message and it was the site manager asking me to give him a call. I rang him back, he told me he had gone down to check it out today but couldn't see what I was talking about, he had left the site now but would check it out tomorrow after I gave him better instructions as to where it was.

At about 3:30 I had a phone call on my mobile, I couldn't answer it as I was still at work. At about 2 mins later it started ringing again, I didn't recognise the phone number but figured it must have been important for them to ring twice in a row, so I wrote the number down and called back at around 3:45. He said that he was the guy that built my house and that he was onsite to check out the crack, I directed him to the spot where it was, once he found it he said that it was no problem and that he would fix it.

You have got to love that for service, I don't think you could get any better than that.

As my fiancé was off work sick today, I have no update on any progress of the house, I'm sure that something would have been done but we will all have to wait until tomorrow afternoon/night to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment